HumanistsMN (HMN) wishes to maintain an environment of mutual respect by and between all attendees at any of our events. HMN will not tolerate any behavior(s) of members and/or visitors that are personally offensive, insulting, or demeaning.
HumanistsMN not tolerate harassment in any form. Everyone, regardless of gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, national extraction, or ethnicity will be treated with respect.
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, national extraction or ethnicity
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording
- Sabotage of character or reputation
- Sustained disruption at talks or other event
- Inappropriate physical contact or unwelcome sexual attention
An attendee who believes that he or she has been the subject of, or has witnessed, an incident of harassing conduct should report the matter promptly to a member of the HMN Board (identified by orange name tags) and/or complete the Harassment Incident Report.
Board members who receive the incident report will bring the issue to the complete board at the next scheduled meeting. The incident will be investigated and a decision will be distributed to the parties involved within a week of the board meeting.
All information provided to the organization will be maintained on a confidential basis to the greatest extent possible.
An attendee at any HumanistsMN event who is asked to stop any harassing behavior is expected to comply immediately or to leave the event venue.
Policy adopted by the Board of Directors on January 8, 2014